The Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program in Grant County helps address the needs of the low income in the areas of food and nutrition. The working poor and those living in poverty face difficult choices such as how to allocate money for food, shelter, credit obligations or high medical bills. Resources such as food stamps help make ends meet and provide the opportunity to purchase nutritious food that contributes toward good health. The Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program in Grant County helps food stamp recipients make the most of this benefit by providing research-based nutrition education. Participants in the nutrition education program learn, hands-on, how to:
- choose and fix meals and snacks that are nutritious, safe and affordable
- manage their resources to improve their food security
- balance the food they eat with physical activity
USDA’s new Choose My Plate icon replaces MyPyramid and gives guidance on how to eat healthy.
Learn how the school lunch program can help you stretch your family’s food budget.
View quarterly newsletters on a variety of topics designed to help families eat better for less.
Food Pantries in Grant County
Grant County Hunger Council–Our mission is to alleviate hunger, food insecurity, and the effects of poverty in Grant County through education, coordination, advocacy and service. We have developed a Food Resource Guide listing programs and food pantries in Grant County that help families be more food secure.
- Choose My Plate
- Spend Smart Eat Smart
- Food Safety and Healtlh
- Fight BAC!
- Be Food Safe
- Federal Food Safety Information
- American Dietetic Association
- UW-Extension Publications
- Food Preservation
- Food Preservation and Safety Bulletins available in Grant County
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Searchable Nutrient Composition Database
- Government Websites with Nutrition Information
- Dietary Guidelines
- Wisconsin FoodShare
- Nutrition Facts Label
- Recipe Finder
If you have any questions regarding WNEP in Grant County, please contact:Donna Peterson, Nutrition Coordinator/Educator
email@example.com Youth and Agriculture Center 916 East Elm Street, Suite A Lancaster, WI 53813
Phone: 608-723-2125 Fax: 608-723-4315