July 14-17, 2013 at Upham Woods 4-H Environmental Education Center
The counselors and advisers have been hard at work these past weeks designing four days of activities, games and programs that will develop leadership, citizenship and life skills in your child. We wanted to take the time to remind you of some key points for camp this year:
Departure from Lancaster Information: (Tentative)
- Please arrive at 11:30am at the Youth & Ag Center in Lancaster on July 14 to check-in your child and to load their luggage.
- The bus will be leaving the Youth & Ag Center in Lancaster at NOON. Since we will not be stopping for lunch it is important that your child eat before arriving at the Youth & Ag Center. There will be a snack provided, shortly after arriving at Upham Woods.
- Health Form explains how medication will be dispensed if your child is currently taking medication.
- The Youth Expectation Agreement form which must be signed by both the camper and a parent or guardian.
(These forms are to be brought with you when you board the bus for camp. Please remember to bring them with you because the rule is… NO FORMS – NO CAMP)
- The “What to bring list…” please be sure your child does not bring anything of value to camp, such as: radios, cell phones, expensive cameras and other things of the nature. Take note that there should not be food in the cabins at anytime, due to the possibility of attracting animals.
Return to Lancaster Information:
We will be returning from a fun-filled adventurous four-day camp experience on July 17. Our expected time of arrival to the Youth & Ag Center in Lancaster will be Noon. Please arrive on time to pick-up your 4-H Camper.
Item Members should bring to camp:
-White T-shirt (or light colored plain T-shirt) for craft project
-Sleeping bag or 2 or 3 blankets
-3 or 4 sets of clothing – age appropriate (shirt, pants, socks, underwear)
-no halter or tube tops
-Warm clothing (sweaters/sweatshirts, jacket, rain jacket)
-Extra clothing (in case clothing gets wet – -socks, pants, shirts, boots and/or shoes)
-Close-toed walking shoes
-Flip Flops or water shoes
-Pajamas or sweat suit (sleeping attire)
-Soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste
-Towels/washcloths and a Beach Towel
-Boots – hiking boots work best. (Tennis shoes are not recommended for outdoor wear during rain.)
-Camera – A disposable one is recommended
-Several plastic bags for wet or dirty articles
Please DO NOT Bring:
- Candy, gum, soda or food of any kind
- Radios, walkmans, CD players, cell phones, etc.
- Valuables or Money
- Perfume or cologne
- Flashlight…the Grant County 4-H Junior Leaders and Rayovac will be providing flashlights for each camper